The new Visitor Centre in the historical Chips House is a new attraction in the Fagus Factory. Following highlights are on offer:
- Visitors can gain information on innovative media stations about the history and present of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Fagus Factory.
- A 3D visualisation presents the different construction phases.
- Informative films show today’s activities in the areas production and culture.
- A large-sized media wall invites you to discover national and international UNESCO World Heritage Sites which can be assigned to the various site countries on an active station.
- A digital research station offers further information on different topic areas linked with the factory.
- The UNESCO Visitor Centre is presented in German, English, French and Spanish.
- The innovative technology and the structure of the exhibition enthuses both the individual visitor and groups and offers for school classes an eventful out-of-school place of learning.
The architecture and conception of the exhibition were realised by the exhibition planning office ikon in Hanover.
The UNESCO Visitor Centre was supported by:
European Union European Fund for Regional Development, Avacon AG, BürgerStiftung Alfeks, Klosterkammer Hanover, Landschaftsverband Hildesheim, Lower Saxony Bingo-Environment Foundation, Lower Saxony State Office for Monument Preservation, Lower Saxony Sparkasse Foundation, Sparkasse Hildesheim, Foundation Lower Saxony